Pain of Salvation has shared the official Lars Ardarve-directed music video for the first single, “Accelerator”, coming off their recently announced studio album “Panther”. Watch it now below.
Firmly at the forefront of the progressive rock and metal scenes for nearly three decades now and one of modern rock’s most acclaimed live acts, Sweden’s Pain of Salvation is returning with “Panther”, due out August 28th, 2020 worldwide via InsideOut Music. “Panther”, the follow-up release to 2017’s “In The Passing Light Of Day” album, was recorded, mixed and produced by Daniel Gildenlöw with Daniel Bergstrand (In Flames, Meshuggah, Devin Townsend) and comes with a comprehensive artwork-theme with illustrations made by André Meister.
3. Restless Boy
5. Keen To A Fault
Pain of Salvation’s Daniel Gildenlöw checked in with the following comment about “Panther”: “The making of ‘“Panther” has taken over 2 years. I have felt the need to push boundaries, both musically and sonically. Approaching the music from more diverse angles, yet without losing the core identity of the band. Lyrically it coincidently fits more than ever into current times. When I look at the great artwork drawings that went into the concept, I can only say that I am extremely happy how everything turned out. I can’t wait to share this album with everybody.”
Next to the standard CD and the digital album formats, “Panther” will also be available as limited 2CD Mediabook (Including expanded artwork and the following 4 bonus tracks on a separate disc: “Panther (demo)”, “Keen to a Fault (demo)”, “Fifi Gruffi” and “Unforever”) and as 180g. Gatefold 2LP (Including the 4 bonus tracks on Side D and album on CD as bonus), in the following variations:
- Black vinyl – Unlimited
- Deep blood red vinyl – 100x copies from IOM Webshop Europe
- Transparent blue vinyl – 300x copies from CM Distro
- Transparent green vinyl – 200x copies from EMP
- Lilac vinyl – 200x copies from JPC
- White vinyl – 200x copies from Pain of Salvation webstore
- Transparent yellow vinyl – 100x copies from Pain of Salvation webstore
The pre-order for “Panther” in its various formats is started today at this location.
Pain of Salvation line-up:
- Daniel Gildenlöw / lead vocals and lots of stuff
- Johan Hallgren / guitar and vocals
- Léo Margarit / drums and vocals
- Daniel Karlsson / keyboards, guitars and vocals
- Gustaf Hielm / bass and vocals