Atlanta black metal outfit CLOAK will be headlining a U.S. tour across the East Coast and Midwest this fall! The trek will kick off on October 28 in Lexington, KY and will conclude in the band’s hometown on November 14! The full run of dates can be found below and you can find more information here.
CLOAK will be supporting 2019’s ‘The Burning Dawn,‘ which was named one of the Best Albums of the year by Metal Insider (#6), A&P Reacts (#8), Treble Zine (#11), and others.
CLOAK Headlining U.S. Dates w/ Demiser:
- 10/28: Lexington, KY @ Green Lantern [TICKETS // EVENT LINK]
- 10/29: Columbus, OH @ Ace Of Cups
- 10/30: Chicago, IL @ Bourbon On Division [TICKETS // EVENT LINK]
- 10/31: Detroit, MI @ Sanctuary [TICKETS // EVENT LINK]
- 11/01: Indianapolis, IN @ Black Circle Brewing
- 11/02: Pittsburgh, PA @ Black Forge Coffee
- 11/03: Rochester, NY @ Bug Jar
- 11/04: Cambridge, MA @ Middle East [TICKETS // EVENT LINK]
- 11/05: Philadelphia, PA @ Kung Fu Necktie
- 11/06: Brooklyn, NY @ Saint Vitus [TICKETS // EVENT LINK]
- 11/07: Baltimore, MD @ Metro Gallery
- 11/08: Richmond, VA @ The Camel
- 11/09: Charlotte, NC @ The Milestone
- 11/10: Asheville, NC @ The Odditorium
- 11/11: Greenville, SC @ Radio Room [TICKETS // EVENT LINK]
- 11/12: Savannah, GA @ El-Rocko Lounge [TICKETS // EVENT LINK]
- 11/13: Jacksonville, FL @ Archetype
- 11/14: Atlanta, GA @ The Earl
Unyielding darkness and brutality emerge from the deep south of the United States. Atlanta, GA based quartet CLOAK blend the sounds of black metal, rock ‘n’ roll, and homegrown Southern sludge to create their own unique and menacing sound.
Their debut full-length, ‘To Venomous Depths,’ (2017) was met with critical acclaim upon its release. Decibel Magazine placed it at #20 among their “Top 40 Albums of 2017,” solidifying the band’s place among the heavy metal elite. Now, CLOAK is back with ‘The Burning Dawn,’ a riff-heavy and groove-laden follow-up that proves the band are still rife with fresh ideas.
Conceptually, the record comes from a place below the surface where the sleepless and sinister dwell, and is absorbed by the darkest of dreams and the most primal desires. Musically, this exploration takes the gothic nuances of its predecessor while abandoning any hesitation in exchange for a more aggressive and vehement spirit.
While rippers like “On Poisoned Ground” and “Into the Storm” deliver a fury of soulful aggression, songs like “Lifeless Silence” and “The Fire, The Faith, The Void” offer a darker, gothic essence, ultimately displaying CLOAK’s multi-faceted and dynamic musical diversity. So, raise your fists and set fire to the world; this is ‘The Burning Dawn.’