After existing as a band for over 18 years, Carnifex continue to experiment with fresh song arrangements, and adding a unique sense of atmosphere to their inherently deathcore foundation. Nourished by nightmares and the throbbing pulse of pragmatic terror, Carnifex return with their ninth full-length studio album, “Necromanteum”, which came out on October 6, via Nuclear Blast Records. Accompanying the release, the band delivers the track video for the single, ‘Infinite Night Terror’.
Carnifex‘s Scott Ian Lewis comments, “This record is for the fans, I hope they enjoy it.”
The recording process took place over the course of several weeks with producer Jason Suecof in Florida, and saw the return of live drums since COVID-19 restrictions made doing so on “Graveside Confessions” impossible. Mastered by Mark Lewis in Nashville, TN, the album was also co-produced by vocalist Scott Ian Lewis and drummer Shawn Cameron. The cover artwork glows with an emerald and lavender fog; a ghostly energy erupting from the depths of a cemetery. Designed by renowned comic book artist E.M. Gist, this gateway represents the questions we ask about what lies on the other side of reality.
“Necromanteum” will be available digitally, as a CD Jewel, and as neon green w/ purple splatter vinyl version. The album is available to purchase HERE.
Next week, Carnifex will head across the U.S. on their “Necromanteum Tour”. The 24-date trek will kick off on October 11th in Arizona and will make stops in Dallas, Columbus, and Denver before concluding on November 11th in Los Angeles. Joining the band each night are Signs of the Swarm, To The Grave, and The Last Ten Seconds Of Life.
Tickets for the tour can be purchased HERE.
- 10/11 – Tucson, AZ – The Rock
- 10/13 – San Antonio, TX – The Rock Box
- 10/14 – Austin, TX – Come and Take It Live
- 10/15 – Dallas, TX – Gilley’s (Monster Mosh Fest)
- 10/17 – New Orleans, LA – House of Blues
- 10/19 – Murfreesboro, TN – Hop Springs Beer Park
- 10/21 – Atlanta, GA – Masquerade – Heaven
- 10/22 – Orlando, FL – Level 13
- 10/24 – Greensboro, NC – Hangar 1819
- 10/25 – Virginia Beach, VA – Elevation 27
- 10/26 – Asbury Park, NJ – House of Independents
- 10/27 – Patchogue, NY – Stereo Garden
- 10/28 – Reading, PA – Reverb
- 10/29 – Hartford, CT – Webster Theater
- 10/31 – Syracuse, NY – The Song & Dance
- 11/01 – Columbus, OH – King of Clubs
- 11/02 – Louisville, KY – Headliners Music Hall
- 11/03 – Joliet, IL – The Forge
- 11/04 – Milwaukee, WI – The Rave
- 11/06 – Omaha, NE – Slowdown
- 11/07 – Denver, CO – Summit Music Hall
- 11/09 – Albuquerque, NM – Sunshine Theater
- 11/10 – Mesa, AZ – Nile Theater
- 11/11 – Los Angeles, CA – The Belasco