Death metal icons Cannibal Corpse today premiere their unsettling new video for ‘Chaos Horrific,’ the title track of their crushing sixteenth studio album, out TODAY (September 22nd) on Metal Blade Records.
In celebration of today’s release of “Chaos Horrific”, the band delivers a blood-soaked video for the record’s gruesome title track, directed by David Brodsky and produced by Allison Woest of My Good Eye: Music Visuals. Elaborates drummer Paul Mazurkiewicz, “This song is about fighting for your life from a zombie attack. An ax, a knife, a machete. Whatever it takes to kill these things.”
Since 1988, Cannibal Corpse has remained at the forefront of death metal, shaping and defining the genre. In 2021, they raised the stakes again with their Violence Unimagined. This year, they return with its successor, the equally monstrous “Chaos Horrific”, consequently beginning the next chapter in their legacy. Produced again by guitarist Erik Rutan, who has now produced six of the band’s albums, “Chaos Horrific” is, without question a full-on, Cannibal-style death metal outing, straight down to the themes, which include zombie warfare, resetting the human race through mass mutilations, and the violent revenge of victims of human trafficking, and its cover art by longtime collaborator Vince Locke.
With every track destined to go off like a proverbial bomb when played live, the band is primed and ready to destroy everything in their path. While 2023 is the band’s 35th anniversary, they’re mostly excited about the present and future. That said, Rutan sums up the band members’ feeling about the impressive milestone. “I think it’s such an amazing feat. It speaks to the work ethic and dedication that everyone has put into Cannibal Corpse. When you think about how many bands never make it a decade, let alone three plus, it is such a testament to the creativity aspect and determination and loyalty toward what we do.”
“Chaos Horrific” is available on digipak CD, deluxe box set (Dried Blood Marbled vinyl, 24p 12″ booklet, puzzle, pin, poster and art print – limited to 1500 copies), cassette (limited to 500 copies), digitally, and on vinyl in the following variants:
- 180g Black (EU exclusive)
- Burned Flesh Marble (EU exclusive)
- Slate Blue Marble (PIAS exclusive – limited to 600 copies)
- Charcoal Brown Marble (Sound Pollution exclusive – limited to 500 copies)
- Pearl Violet Marble (EU exclusive – ltd. 500 copies)
- Bloodsun Marble (EU exclusive – ltd. 500 copies)
- Clear & White/Blue Splatter (EU exclusive – ltd. to 300 copies)
- Turquoise & White Splatter (Napalm exclusive – ltd. 300 copies)
- Clear Orange & Red Splatter (Nuclear Blast exclusive – ltd. 300 copies)
- Clear Blackdust (Eyesore exclusive – ltd. 300 copies)
- Fog Marbled (US exclusive)
- “Charred Remains” (US exclusive)
- Orange/Red Inkspots (US exclusive)
- Silver w/ Red Streaks (US Band store exclusive)
- Electric Smoke (US tour exclusive)
“Chaos Horrific” is available to order HERE.
Coinciding with the release of the album, Cannibal Corpse will kick off a month-long North American co-headlining tour with Mayhem tonight. The trek will commence in Nashville, Tennessee and run through October 21st in Louisville, Kentucky. Support will be provided by special guests, Gorguts and Blood Incantation. Check the dates below and get your tickets HERE.