Legendary musician Alan Parsons will release his new studio album, “From The New World” on July 15, 2022 via Frontiers Music SLR. Fans can get another preview of the album with the release of a 2nd single and music video “I Won’t Be Led Astray” featuring vocalist David Pack, formerly of Ambrosia, and guitar virtuoso Joe Bonamassa. Watch the video below.
Pre-order/save “From The New World” on CD, CD/DVD, Color Vinyl, Collector’s Box Set, & Digital formats HERE.
- CD/DVD includes CD + DVD Audio (5.1 Audio Mix of new album)
- *LPs available as Limited-Edition Crystal color vinyl and Limited-Edition Yellow color vinyl
- *Collector’s Box Set includes CD+DVD (housed in a digipak), Live in Madrid Digifile, T-shirt (size L), LP (180g, gatefold, Blue Transparent), poster, & numbered lithograph
The Grammy Award winning musical icon and master of progressive rock released his previous studio album “The Secret” back in April of 2019. “From The New World” continues with the classic sound Parsons has become known for during his impressive 50+ year career by fusing progressive, symphonic, and classic rock elements together throughout this stunning new album. Guest appearances include guitar virtuoso Joe Bonamassa, and vocalists Tommy Shaw of STYX, David Pack formerly of Ambrosia, and American Idol alumni James Durbin, who blend seamlessly with Alan and his incredible band.
Alan Parsons began his career at the age of 19 as an assistant engineer at the legendary Abbey Road studios in London working with The Beatles on their albums “Let It Be” and “Abbey Road“. Those who recently saw Peter Jackson‘s Get Back series got to view vintage footage of Parsons working alongside the Fab Four. Parsons would soon go on to bring his innovative style of engineering to albums by Paul McCartney, The Hollies, and Pink Floyd on their 1973 masterpiece “The Dark Side of the Moon.“
Parsons would quickly move into the role of producer, winning countless gold and platinum awards with such names as Pilot, Cockney Rebel, Ambrosia and Al Stewart. Simultaneously he formed the world-renowned Alan Parsons Project with songwriting partner/vocalist Eric Woolfson, producing a myriad of hits including “Eye in the Sky,” “Don’t Answer Me,” “Time” and “Games People Play.” The Parsons/Woolfson duo never toured, but rather concentrated all their efforts in the studio. After ten studio albums with The Project, Parsons began recording albums under his own name and started to play live for the first time to the delight of his millions of fans around the world.
In 2019, as well as winning a Grammy for the 35th Anniversary edition of “Eye In the Sky“, Parsons released his fifth solo album, “The Secret. ” It was an album revolving around the theme of magic, which is a passion of Parsons. “The Secret” was his first studio recording in 15 years, and it culminated in a series of worldwide tours.
Two concerts were filmed in 2019 and released in 2021/2022. Produced by IM3 Global Entertainment, “The NeverEnding Show: Live in the Netherlands” and “One Note Symphony: Live in Tel Aviv” were both released within the last several months by Frontiers Records to international acclaim, the latter concert featuring the Alan Parsons Live Project accompanied by an 80-piece symphony orchestra.
Parsons was recently honored with the prestigious OBE (Order Of The British Empire) award from the Queen of England for his contributions to the arts.
“From The New World” tracklist:
- Fare Thee Well
- The Secret
- Uroboros (featuring Tommy Shaw of STYX)
- Don’t Fade Now
- Give ‘Em My Love (featuring James Durbin, Joe Bonamassa)
- I Won’t Be Led Astray (featuring David Pack, Joe Bonamassa)
- You Are The Light
- Goin’ Home
- Be My Baby
- Lead Vocals – Alan Parsons, Tommy Shaw, David Pack, James Durbin, P.J. Olsson, Todd Cooper, Dan Tracey, Mark Mikel, Tabitha Fair
- Backing Vocals – Alan Parsons, Tommy Shaw, J. Olsson, Todd Cooper, Dan Tracey, Doug Powell, Mark Mikel, Chris Shutters, Scott Hunt
- Guitars – Alan Parsons, Jeff Kollman, Dan Tracey, Doug Powell, Jeff Marshall, James Durbin, Tim Pierce
- Bass – Guy Erez
- Drums – Danny Thompson
- Keyboards – Tom Brooks, Doug Powell, Matt McCarrin, Kim Bullard
- Sax – Todd Cooper
- Cello on “I Won’t Be Led Astray” – Mika Larson
- Guitar Solos on “Give ‘Em My Love” and “I Won’t Be Led Astray” – Joe Bonamassa