Eyehategod, who recently announced their first new album in seven years, “A History of Nomadic Behavior” (March 12, Century Media Records), have debuted a second single from the twelve song album, releasing “Fake What’s Yours” with an accompanying visualizer which can be seen below..
“’Fake What’s Yours’ is the second single from our new album, “A History of Nomadic Behavior, and it’s a pure uncut chunk of anti-authoritarian preach-speak set to a condescending guitar riff that could only be born from the dirty streets of New Orleans,” says Mike IX Williams. “We can’t wait for everyone to hear the full record, but for now, put on your gas masks, lock your doors, stay home and LISTEN!”
News of the new album and the debut of the eerily prescient first single, “High Risk Trigger”, was met with widespread enthusiasm. Revolver described the track as “an apocalyptic rager instilled with the anxiety and insurgency of our times,” Stereogum said the song is “a true banger,” and Consequence of Sound said the early preview denotes “a worthy return for a band that’s made crushing consistency its trademark.”
“A History of Nomadic Behavior” follows a period that saw the New Orleans based band on the road for three years, preceded by Williams suffering liver failure and a transplant. “We toured our asses off for three years and that’s where “A History of Nomadic Behavior” basically comes from,” adds Williams before touching on his health challenge: “Death is a part of life, it’s a roll of the dice. Sometimes you take life as it comes, other times you fight to stay alive.” The album was produced by Eyehategod, Sanford Parker (Yob, Voivod) and James Whitten (Thou, High on Fire), with mixing by Whitten. The band recorded at HighTower Recording and Hypercube studios.
Album pre-orders are available now HERE, with the release available in a number of limited-edition iterations.
For the U.S.:
Black vinyl available via Amazon.com
- Limited edition glow-in-the-dark vinyl via Century Media U.S. store (250 – SOLD OUT)
- Limited edition sea blue vinyl via Century Media U.S. store (250 – ALMOST SOLD OUT)
- *NEW* Limited edition blue smoke vinyl via Century Media U.S. store (250 available)
- Limited edition evergreen vinyl via retail (500 available)
- Limited edition brown swirled vinyl: via Revolver (300 available – LESS THAN 50 REMAIN)
- *NEW* Limited edition purple smoke vinyl: band exclusive (200 available)
- Limited edition CD digipak
Outside of the U.S. the following physical formats are available:
- Ltd. CD Digipak
- Transparent coke bottle green LP+CD & Poster via CM Distro online store (200 – SOLD OUT)
- Grey LP+CD & Poster Distro via CM Distro Wholesale and online store (200 available)
- Transparent magenta LP+CD & Poster via CM Distro Wholesale and online store (300 available)
- Lilac LP+CD & Poster via Kings Road Merch (200 available)
- Creamy white LP+CD & Poster via EMP and Nuclear Blast (200 available)
- Black LP+CD & Poster