Frontiers Music Srl will release “Before The Sun Sets,” the debut album from City Of Lights, on February 11. A lyric video for the new single, “Heat Of The Night“, can be found below.
City Of Lights is a new melodic hard rock collaboration between British newcomer songwriter/guitarist Neil Austin and Greek vocal sensation Manos Fatsis (Odyssey Desperado, Hideaway). They deliver hard-edged melodic anthems driven by crunchy riffs and lush keyboard textures combined with soaring, passion-filled vocal melodies.
Pre-order/save “Before The Sun Sets” here.
Guest guitar soloists Nathan Doyle, Daniel Johansson (Degreed), Christoffer Borg (Taste/ex-Art Nation), and Mike Kyriakou join in on the fun and the album also features appearances from Creye‘s Joel Selfors (piano) and Degreed/Paralydium‘s Mikael Blanc (keyboards).
The album was mixed and mastered by AOR producer extraordinaire Erik Gavfelin Wiss (Creye, Cruzh, Cap Outrun).
City Of Lights was born when Austin, armed with a collection of songs inspired by the classic hard rock sounds of the ’80s and the new wave of current AOR bands, began the search for a vocalist who possessed the tone, range and emotion to take the songs to the next level. After hearing Fatsis’ work on Odyssey Desperado’s “Don’t Miss The Sunset” and Hideaway’s self-titled debut, he knew he had found the right man. The two connected via Facebook and together began working on honing the songs to perfection. When the time came to find a rhythm section, Austin reached out to members of his favourite band, brothers Robin (bass) and Mats (drums) Eriksson from modern Swedish melodic rock monsters degreed and after hearing the demos, both agreed to contribute to the album.
“Before The Sun Sets” Track-list:
- Racing On the Redline
- Heart’s On Fire
- Heat of The Night
- Dying Light
- Give Me Back My Heart
- Put Your Heart On the Line
- Snake Eyes
- Midnight Club
- How to Love
- Before The Sun Sets
- Manos Fatsis / Lead Vocals
- Neil Austin / Rhythm Guitar, Backing Choirs, Programming
- Robin Eriksson / Bass, Harmony Vocals
- Mats Eriksson / Drums
- Nathan Doyle / Guitars solos on ‘Racing On the Redline,’ ‘Heart’s On Fire,’ ‘Heat of The Night,’ ‘Dying Light,’ and ‘Midnight Club’
- Daniel Johansson / Guitars solos on ‘Give Me Back My Heart,’ ‘Snake Eyes,’ and ‘Before The Sun Sets’
- Jonathan Carlemar / Guitars solos on ‘Snake Eyes,’ and Joanna’
- Mike Kyriakou (Kyre) / Guitars solos on ‘Emily’
- Matt Farmer / Wah-wah Guitar on ‘Snake Eyes’
- Mikael Blanc / Keyboard Solo on ‘Before the Sun Sets’
- Joel Selsfors / Piano on ‘How to Love’