There’s more for fans of The Fred Minnick Show to sip on with the launch of “Fred’s 5 Notes.” This bi-weekly list is exclusively curated by Minnick – the Wall Street Journal-bestselling author, television personality and world’s leading bourbon authority – and will act as a roundup of the latest news from the spirits world. Each new edition will include highlights from his popular podcast The Fred Minnick Show, insider insights and tips from the bourbon and spirits industry, as well as whiskey and bourbon tastings and ratings.
“Fred’s 5 Notes” for the week of July 13 include:
- NFL defensive star Ndamukong Suh of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers sips bourbon with Fred, talks about his role in female-led Saint Liberty Whiskey, and reveals his favorite quarterback to sack is none other than Tom Brady — now his teammate. Along the way, they sip a Boone County barrel pick, vintage Four Roses from the WWII era, Jefferson’s Reserve and more. Check out the interview below.
- Country superstar Lee Brice did some sipping on Fred’s podcast and got to experience what Fred proclaimed to be the greatest whiskey ever made. Any guesses what that whiskey is?
- Fred talked with country singer and activist IMAJ about racism in America and what we can all do to help bring about meaningful change.
- Fred wrote about why the greatest asset of Blanton’s Single Barrel – its packaging – is also its biggest problem. As in, there are better bourbons out there that nobody is “losing their shit” over.
- Matthew McConaughey teamed up with Wild Turkey to release a whiskey called Long Branch. The questions Fred set out to answer in a live tasting were: “Is it any good? And can it beat out a pair of ryes from craft distillers located outside Bourbon Country in a taste-off?”
Fred Minnick, a Wall Street Journal-bestselling author and television personality, is a renowned drinks writer who started The Fred Minnick Show in January to showcase his two passions: music and whiskey. Look for Emerson Hart of Tonic, Nashville-based gospel singer / The Voice contestant Kyla Jade, Louis The Child and Derek Trucks to appear on upcoming episodes of The Fred Minnick Show. Past guests include Daryl Hall, Mick Fleetwood, Chase Rice, Ashley McBryde, actor Harry Shearer, tennis legend Andy Roddick, Slipknot’s Clown, Johnny Christ of Avenged Sevenfold and Lindsay Ell, among others. It pairs musicians, athletes and actors with good drinks, and airs every Tuesday.
For more information on Fred Minnick and The Fred Minnick Show, and to sign up for his “Drinks” e-newsletter for future podcast updates, visit www.fredminnick.com