earMUSIC has announced a remarkable reissue series of (almost) the entire ANNIHILATOR catalogue.
“Metal II” – a version of their 2007 album “Metal” kicks off this extensive catalogue campaign that will give you special editions, bonus material, exclusive and previously unreleased tunes. “Metal II” is dedicated to the memory of Eddie Van Halen and Alexi Laiho.
And “Metal II” is only the first taste, ahead of a huge catalogue campaign covering (almost) all ANNIHILATOR studio records and long-lost rarities. Fans have been waiting years and it’s finally happening: the much sought-after and previously unavailable ANNIHILATOR back-catalogue is getting a series of reissues via earMUSIC. In total, 18 records are going to be released over the next few years, including the original 2007 version of the “Metal” album.
“Metal II” has been given an incredible overhaul with the one and only Dave Lombardo (Dead Cross, ex-Slayer) killing the drums and lead vocals “re-invented” by the great Stu Block (Into Eternity). Waters passed over mixing duties to legendary engineer Mike Fraser (AC/DC, Van Halen) and it was remastered by Maor Appelbaum. The guest list on the album is huge with more than a dozen killer artists from bands like Lamb Of God, Arch Enemy, Children Of Bodom, Nevermore, In Flames, Trivium, Danko Jones, Anvil, The Haunted and Lynam: One big metal party!
The pre-sale for “Metal II” is connected to a big competition where fans can win an originally signed ANNIHILATION II – Epiphone Flying V guitar additionally to a virtual meet & greet with Jeff Waters himself! To enter, simply join the ANNIHILATOR mailing list HERE. Among all those who signed up, a lucky winner will be picked randomly. CHeck out the details of the giveaway and more in the trailer below.
“Metal II” track-listing:
- Chasing The High (Featuring William Adler from Lamb Of God)
- Downright Dominate (Featuring Alexi Laiho from Children Of Bodom)
- Army Of One (Featuring Steve “Lips” Kudlow from Anvil)
- Couple Suicide (Featuring Danko Jones and Angela Gossow from Arch Enemy)
- Heavy Metal Maniac (Exciter Cover)
- Haunted (Featuring Jesper Strömblad from In Flames)
- Romeo Delight (Van Halen Cover)
- Detonation (Featuring Jacob Lynam from Lynam)
- Clown Parade (Featuring Jeff Loomis from Arch Enemy/Nevermore)
- Smothered (Featuring Anders Björler from At The Gates, The Haunted)
- Kicked (Featuring Corey Beaulieu from Trivium)